Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fire Agate Pendant with Chased Setting

Fire Agate Pendant with Chased Setting

Front View
Back View







I bought this exceedingly good Fire Agate on ebay:


That is an actual picture I took.... wild stone.  I probably should have cleaned the stone first, those specks aren't chips but lint.

So I set about trying to figure out what to do with an abnormally shaped stone with just strong uhmm...  power(?).

I decided to make a pendant with citrines, to complement the stone, and attempt to re-create the stone in sterling on the back of the setting.

So, first some chasing:


That seems about right.



Now a setting:



Little More Better


The chasing is all the way through the metal, so it shows from the inside.  I had to figure out how to keep the base fairly level and still have a lot of depth on the outside.

Now add (set) some citrines:



This was a super fun and fairly successful project.  It probably took about 30 hours, believe it or not.

A few more photos:


my wife goofing off at the art show

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments or questions.