Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pat's Sketch for new jewel - Ellensburg #39

This is sort of funny, but it is a part of the story.

Those are very rough sketches that I made to start figuring out how to make some jewels myself.  Part of the reason I decided to study to become a jeweler was to make things for my friends, and in the back of my mind was the Lodge.  So I finally feel that I have mastered the basics (and I mean very basics) of jewelry making and can attempt this now.  To be successful in this or really anything in life, you need to match your skill-set to the thing you are attempting to do.

So the first few I make will not be as extravagant as some of the ones shown on this blog.  I just don't yet have the skills.  But hopefully my lodge brothers will like them.

So part of my accumulation of all of these is to attempt to work out scale, construction methods, weight, etc.  Or at least that is how I have explained it to my wife.  ;)

I want to make jewels that are personal and specific to this lodge in this temple at this time in history.  I'll write more about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments or questions.